Atlassian Suite to Atlassian Cloud Migration for a Fintech Company
Reduced cost on AWS
Improved efficiency and performance
Optimized resource allocation
- Team Composition : 5 members
- Tools : Jira, Jira service Management
- Duration : 5 months
- Number of User : -
- Service Provided : Data migration
- Industry : Insurance
Our client company consists of a group of specialists committed to offering tailored financial advice to a wide range of clients, including investment professionals, individual investors, and institutional investors. Understanding that each client's financial journey is unique, they provide personalized solutions to meet their specific needs
The company's on-premises Atlassian environment was becoming increasingly difficult to manage and main. This was leading to performance issues and security vulnerabilities. A migration to Atlassian was necessary in order to:
- Decrease time and effort associated with server maintenance
- Enhance the user experience by taking advantage of Atlassian Cloud features
- Enhance site security
Throughout the project, a systematic approach was adopted to ensure effective migration.
- Biweekly meetings and stand-ups were conducted to gather requirements and refine feedback for continuous improvement.
- Python was utilized to extend the capabilities of the Atlassian REST API, while structured Query Language (SQL) was employed to query the applications' databases for data collection and analysis.
- The migration of Jira was completed by utilizing the site import feature to migrate the bulk of the application data, combined with Atlassian's automated migration tool; Jira Cloud Migration Assistance (JCMA), to migrate attachments and most of the installed plugin data.
- Confluence and Bitbucket migrations were also completed by employing Atlassian's automated migration tools for each application, Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant (CCMA) and Bitbucket Cloud Migration Assistant (BCMA).
- Custom scripts from the Alluvium script library were deployed to handle multiple migrations tasks including the migration of calendars, automation rules and to automate the cloning of Bitbucket repositories to the target cloud instance.
Get a free step-by-step strategy for your project by claiming a 30-minute consultation with our experts!Speak to Our Consultant
- Leveraging a combination of Atlassian's automated migration tools, XML site import, custom scripts, and our comprehensive expertise, the migration project was successfully executed.
- All projects, spaces, and Bitbucket repositories were migrated seamlessly to the cloud environment.
- The post-migration issues were effectively resolved, ensuring a smooth transition and delivering a successful migration overall.
- The client achieved their objectives of cost reduction saving ~70000 USD on AWS cost, improved performance, increased security, enhanced user experience and increased scalability.
- The company is now well-positioned to take advantage of the latest Atlassian Cloud features and to continue to grow its business.